November 6, 2012

Stirring

First an update on the kids.  Caleb is doing well and getting used to being at daycare.  He now comes running and hugs me tight when I get there to pick him up.  He is just such a lovey little guy and loves to kiss my cheek or sit on my lap and rub my hair.  He and Carson are still trying to get the pecking order figured out and Gary and I have decided we are done being referee to a degree.  Carson weighs quite a bit more so we do have to step in sometimes.  Peyton is still so quiet and shy but we did have a little break through with her last night.  Gary was sitting in his chair getting ready to read a book and I told Peyton, daddy is going to read a book if you want to listen.  Cash was watching televison and half listening.  Carson and Caleb got on Gary's lap and Peyton stood by his chair.  Before he was done reading the book she was actually sitting on the arm of the chair and leaning in.  Baby steps.  After dinner the kids were just doing their own things before bathtime and Peyton had her tablet out drawing.  I sat down with her and asked her what her teacher's name was.  She thought for a moment and shook her head no.  I guess she thought I wanted her to spell it.  I said Ms. Hendrix and she smiled and I wrote this down on her tablet.  We then proceded to name some of her classmates and wrote those names down.  I decided this was a great opportunity to talk about her classmates from the orphanage.  She started saying all their names.  I told her to write their names and she shook her head no and I knew that she thought I meant in English.  I then told her to write the names in Ukrainian and she got the biggest smile and she just was so happy to write their names.  I could tell by the look on her face that she was having fond memories of them as she wrote each name.  We talked about who had a sibling and what the siblings names were.  I then decided to talk to her about her Ukrainian family and their names, sister, Olya, brother Sasha, brother Artem, mother, Lina, and when I said babuska (grandmother), she said no babushka, no dadushka (grandfather) and no papa. She was excited that we were talking about her Ukrainian family and friends.  Again, baby steps to get her to open up to me.



Now about that stirring.  The Bible says in Luke 15:4-6 -

4 "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ "

Well I have a stirring in my heart that I just can't shake, a lost sheep.  Please say a prayer for us that God will show us clearly what we need to do. 

~Tina

God is looking for people through whom He can do the impossible. What a pity we plan only the things that we can do by ourselves. A.W. Tozer

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful update. Praying for you as you find what He has NEXT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I ever said congratulations! Also, they are adorable! I'm so glad the transition home is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ashley. I can't wait to see what God has next for you guys.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete